Do you want to create a spending plan, but feel overwhelmed by the process and terrified of looking at your numbers?
Are you a frustrated YNAB® user who needs personalized support and troubleshooting?
I can help!
I offer one-on-one training to help compulsive spenders create and maintain their spending plan. To see if I might help you, please answer the following questions:
- Are you filled with anxiety about working with numbers?
- Do you feel terrified at the idea of facing the reality of your spending?
- Have you made repeated unsuccessful attempts to create a spending plan?
- Did you ever make a spending plan, but gave up on using it?
- Do you find budgeting classes and books overwhelming?
- Do you just want someone to walk you, step-by-step, through creating a spending plan and/or learning budgeting software with only the functions you need using your actual numbers?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, I can help! My expertise lies in working with compulsive spenders to overcome the fear of looking at their numbers, walking them through creating the foundation for their spending plan, and providing technical training to teach them how to use budgeting software.
Page Contents (Click on a topic)
- Do you want to create a spending plan, but feel overwhelmed by the process and terrified of looking at your numbers?
- Are you a frustrated YNAB® user who needs personalized support and troubleshooting?
- I can help!
- What I can Teach You
- What Makes My Spending Plan Training Different
- How I Teach You
- My Qualifications
- Fee for One-on-One Training*
- How to Set Up Your Free Call
- A Final Word
What I can Teach You
Create Your Spending Plan Foundation
In this training, I gently walk you through the process of creating your foundational spending plan. Together, we overcome the emotional roadblocks and fears that have kept you from moving forward in the past. By the end of the course (within one to two weeks if you follow my instructions), you will have a complete spending plan foundation, and you will understand how to bring your spending in line with your income.
Track Your Spending
Once you have your spending plan foundation, you need a method to track your spending ongoing to ensure you are living within your means. In this course, you will receive A to Z training on the process of tracking your spending.
- Must-have components of any spending plan tracking system.
- How to reconcile your spending plan with your bank account.
- Limiting the likelihood of errors when reconciling, and finding errors quickly when there is a problem.
- Dealing with cash.
- And much more!
Additional specialized topics are included, depending on your needs, such as:
- Tracking your spending when you have a spouse or partner.
- Tracking spending for your children’s needs.
- Debt and debt repayment.
- Making tax time simple (including an easy system for solopreneurs).
What Software is Used for Training?
I use budgeting software for the “Track Your Spending” program. My training tool is a user-friendly budgeting software program called YNAB (or You Need a Budget). I’ve been using YNAB since 2009. This software is the closest I’ve found to a virtual envelope system, perfect for compulsive spenders. As part of the training, I help students overcome any fears and anxiety they may have around using technology and the software program. YNAB is free to test for 34 days. *Click here to read important notes about YNAB,
Troubleshooting for Existing YNAB Users
In addition to the training described above, I also offer troubleshooting services for existing YNAB users who need one-on-one assistance.
For instance, people often come to me with problems around reconciling with their bank account, an error that they just can’t figure out, or confusion around functionality, such as how to account for cash in YNAB. As part of this process, I teach students a system for limiting the likelihood of errors and finding the error quickly when there is a problem.
Before hiring me, I always recommend contacting YNAB support and the YNAB forums first to see if you can resolve your issue.
What Makes My Spending Plan Training Different
Most spending plan training programs only teach you the mechanics of creating and maintaining a spending plan. But, I give you more. As we go through the process, I provide personalized care, support, and guidance to help you overcome the emotional obstacles that keep you from creating and maintaining a spending plan. Without such help, you may become overwhelmed and paralyzed, which is what has kept you from moving forward in the past. With my help, you will become confident about your ability to succeed at this process … and maintain the momentum.
How I Teach You
All one-on-one training is customized to address the unique needs of each student:
- Training calls will be conducted either via Skype, Zoom, FreeConferenceCall, or phone, depending on your needs.
- Included in the one-on-one training is 30 days of email support following each paid call at no additional charge for quick questions and clarifications.
- You will also receive a follow-up email recap of the session.
Currently in Development
I’m Susan B., a recovering compulsive spender. I haven’t incurred unsecured debt since 2009, paid off $34,000 of credit card debt in seven years, and continue to live debt-free and within my means despite becoming disabled in 2010 and losing half my income.
My passion is teaching people all about spending plans! I’ve been teaching compulsive spenders how to create and work with their spending plans since 2010.
Fee for One-on-One Training*
If we agree to work together, the first session is 1.5 hours and the fee is $80. Following that, one-hour sessions can be scheduled at $60/hour, payable by the start of each session via PayPal or credit/debit card.
The charge will show “Getting Out from Going Under Publishing,” which is the name of my publishing company. After making your payment, just show up at your scheduled time on the phone, Zoom, or Skype.
*If you cannot afford the fee, but need my services, I will work with you on a sliding scale so you can pay what you can afford.
How to Set Up Your Free Call
If you are interested in one-on-one training and would like to set up a no obligation, free call to discuss how I can help you, please fill in the form below my signature. Be sure to:
- Describe your issues and what services you need.
- Let me know your time zone. If international, we will speak on Skype. In the U.S., phone call.
- Best times and dates for our call.
I’ll get back to you to set up a time for us to speak.
A Final Word
If you’ve read this far, I imagine there’s something here that resonates with you. If so, there’s a good chance that I can help you. But I can’t help you unless you get in touch with me.
Since I’m limited in how many students I can take on at one time, I urge you to fill out the form today to ensure we’ll be able to schedule time to talk about your spending plan needs. And I’ll be happy to answer any specific questions you have during the call.
So there’s nothing to lose by setting up your free call. And if we work together, you’ll soon see that a spending plan can fit naturally and easily into your life. I look forward to hearing from you.
I encourage everyone considering YNAB to take their free online classes. The “Track Your Spending” course is intended as a two week program, but is not designed as a complete YNAB training course. If you take the time to attend their excellent classes (they are each about 20 minutes or so), you will be well-prepared to implement what I will teach you in this course.
If you are already using YNAB and experience problems, you can always email the YNAB support team once you have a trial or paid account. Plus, you can always ask questions in the YNAB user forum]
Even if you think you would prefer individual support, I strongly encourage people who try YNAB to first go to all the free YNAB online classes. There is also a vibrant YNAB community available to provide support (you will need to create a user account for the forum). My services are not a replacement for such classes, but for those who desire more personalized assistance after having taken these classes.